We CAN end homelessness, but we need our whole community to get involved, and that means we need your help!
- Engage in the work of our local 10-year plan to end homelessness. Contact the Asheville-Buncombe Homeless Initiative at (828) 259.5851 to learn more about it & to find out when the next meetings of the Homeless Coalition or Homeless Advisory Committee are so you can attend.
- Join the North Carolina Coalition to End Homelessness & the National Alliance to End Homelessness, and stay up-to-date on homeless policy issues.
- Contact your legislators at the local, state, and national levels – let them know you want to see homelessness ended in your community. Encourage them to fund what works: permanent housing.
- Spread the word. Educate the community around you & engage them in ending homelessness in Asheville & Buncombe County.
- Invite us to speak. Are you part of a faith community, civic club, or other group of people who’d like to learn more about homelessness in our community? We’d love to come to a meeting & share our work with your group!
Contact Emily Ball, Director of Community Engagement, at (828) 258.1695 x258
or by Email