You can be part of the solution to homelessness!
Volunteer orientation is the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 5 to 6 p.m. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
A HOPE is open from 7 a.m. to noon every weekday & 8 a.m. to noon on weekends. A HOPE volunteers assist staff in getting the job done, handing out towels & toiletries for showers, checking mail & phone messages, and offering kindness & hope. AHOPE volunteer roles include:
- any weekday, any shift between 7 a.m. and noon (weekly commitment preferred)
- any weekday, 1-3 p.m. (weekly commitment preferred): helping AHOPE get ready for the next day
- weekend mornings, 8-10 a.m., 10 a.m. – noon, or 8 a.m. – noon (monthly commitment preferred)
Help us get furniture & housewares for our clients moving into housing. Learn more about the project!
Welcome Home Project volunteers:
- pick up furniture donations from community members in teams of 2 (regular commitment preferred)
- organize donations and pack move-in boxes (Tuesdays 1-3 p.m.)
- shop for move-in supplies
Volunteers at our 218 Patton Ave. building welcome clients (particularly for the Women At Risk program), answer phones, and assist with light administration projects.
Help out at special events, like Downtown After 5, or represent Homeward Bound at community events.